Frequently Asked Questions for Open Call Appointments
Am I too old for this? Do I have to be a certain size?
- No, there is a market for almost everyone! If you watch commercials or look in print ads
you will see all kinds of people in a wide variety of ages; moms and dads to grandparents,
teenagers and kids. We offer to ages 4 and up.
- Acting, of course, employs an even wider range of diversity and is often a great place to
get started in the industry.
Has anyone made it in your company? Where can I find out more information about OneSource Talent?
- To find out about our talent's achievements, please read our Success Stories
- Also visit our Blog to get the latest information on
featured castings, recent castings and / or bookings our talent have received through OST and
our nationwide client base
What clients, casting directors and other industry professionals use OST?
- One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of talent resumes, headshots and comp cards
which is utilized by industry pros across the country.
- We make a dedicated effort to continually grow our list of clients
and Featured Clients.
- Many names are not released at the request of the client but OST talent have had the opportunity
to work with all major regular and cable networks, on dozens of feature and independent films,
in fashion shows / weeks across the country, print ads and commercials for several industry leaders
and Fortune 500 companies, videos by top pop, R&B and country artists and promotional events
for awards shows, auto shows and more.
What should I bring to an evaluation?
- Just bring in yourself but, if you are under 18, you must bring at least one parent with you.
- If you have a comp card, headshot or portfolio, bring it with you. If not, it's okay.
- Limit the guests. If you must bring support, no more than one person (unless both parents) and no infants.
- Arrive 10 minutes early to fill out some paperwork and have measurements and a photo taken.
What should I wear to an evaluation?
- Form fitted clothing to be able to take your basic measurements
- Hair down with little to no product
- No hats, bandannas, headbands, etc.
- Make-up should be light and natural
- Clothes that are not too loose or baggy
- Jeans and a polo or button-down is perfect
- Please avoid gym shoes or flip flops
- No hats/No bandannas
- Little to no hair products
What's going to happen once I get there?
- We will be taking your basic measurements and a few photos.
- The Office Director will briefly explain the industry, who we are,
what we do and realistic expectations.
- After, we will conduct a short one-on-one to determine whether or not you will be a good fit. Any questions
can be answered then.
- The process could last up to an hour so plan accordingly
Can I bring a friend with me to the evaluation?
- If you're friend is also being evaluated, he or she will have to
fill out an application on our
website and be scheduled in
- Evaluations are by invitation only
I cannot make it to my appointment. Can I reschedule?
- Due to the amount of people we speak to daily, rescheduling an appointment can be a difficult process.
- We encourage you not to reschedule.
- In case of an emergency, you may call to see if any arrangements can be made.
When or how fast can I expect to get jobs through OST?
- No one can answer that question because there are so many variables. Maintain realistic expectations.
- Don't underestimate your potential and set reasonable goals
- Often new talent start out with unrealistic expectations and, after not becoming an instant success, they give up. Do not give up; you get out of it what you put in
- Being in the entertainment industry requires professionalism, reliability and dedication
- It is crucial to be knowledgeable and informed about the industry guidelines and requirements
- There are no guarantees
Can I use the portfolio/professional photos I have or do I have to have my pictures taken through an OST photographer?
- If you already have professional photos, you are more than welcome to use them, however they must be recent and
portray your current look
- If you do not have professional photos, we offer photo sessions to our talent with proven professional photographers
If you need additional support, click here to contact us.
Didn't find the answer
you were looking for?
Click here to contact us